If you want to attend please drop a line via the form at the contact tab above and we will get back to you with full details. May the squeeze be with you!
Do you have a favorite accordion artist who you would love to hear and see live at the 2014 Accordion Noir Festival? If so, please drop us a line via the contact form at this site. Also if you are an accordion artist or part of a band that has an interesting accordion player, and you think your work would be a great fit for the 2014 Festival, please drop a line with links to your online presence. If you are not sure if you fit the Accordion Noir aesthetic please take a look at our mandate below.
We promote non-competitive music for entertainment and community. We are popular not esoteric. We are interested in music that speaks to the heart of the people and as such we promote cultural diversity. We embrace highly skilled players alongside homegrown folk players, artistic collaboration with other art forms, and avant-garde uses of the instrument.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT HIGHLIFE AND REDCAT RECORDS. ONLINE TICKET SALES END AT 5PM ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
Unless specified otherwise, all events are at the Russian Hall located at 600 Campbell Avenue, Vancouver. Wednesday, September 11th
- 10-11 pm: Accordion Noir Radio festival preview, live on the radio at 100.5 fm or streaming at coopradio.org
Thursday, September 12th
Friday, September 13th
- 10:30 am – noon: festival preview redux on Sound Resistance, live on the radio at 100.5 fm or streaming at coopradio.org
- 7 pm: 40 min in-store performance by David P. Smith at Red Cat Records, 4332 Main Street. Free.
- 8 pm: Accordion Dance Party with Fang featuring Company B Singers, the VaudeVille Vagabonds, and the Legion of Flying Monkeys Horn Orchestra. $12, Event on Facebook, Online advance ticket orders.
Saturday, September 14th
- 6 pm: Accordion Harvest Dinner with Steve Normandin, Piromi (Japan), Willow Rutherford (ON), Nice Verdes (Australia). Event on Facebook. Free admission!
- 8 pm: Rebel Bellows with Jack of Hearts, Something About Reptiles, Renee de la Prade, Travis Bernhardt, Tristan Risk. $12, Event on Facebook, Online advance ticket orders.
Sunday, Sept 15th
In addition to this year’s exciting line up of performers and workshops, this year’s festival will feature an “Accordion Harvest” Community Dinner on Saturday night. It will be an opportunity to gather together and acknowledge all of the ingredients that go into creating a healthy and vibrant community. We are very very excited to announce that Vancity Fairview Branch has generously agreed to help make our dinner an accessible and sustainable practice community event. Hooray for Vancity!
September 12-15, 2013
Russian Hall, Strathcona
Here is a sneak preview of a few of the featured artists coming to perform at the Festival this year!
Steve Normandin, Montreal
Renee de la Prade, San Francisco
Willow Rutherford, Toronto
David P. Smith, Victoria
More to come soon.
Ticketing will be online by mid July.